Bogazici University, Istanbul 2007 - 2013
London Business School, United Kingdom 2003 - 2004
MBA, International Exchange Program, Class Representative
Koc University, Istanbul 2002 - 2004
MBA, Full-time Program with High Honors, Awarded with Full Scholarship
Middle East Technical University, Ankara 1998 - 2002
B.S., Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Denizli Anatolian High School, Denizli 1991 - 1998
Bogazici University, 2015-present
Assistant Professor, International Trade Department
Coordinator, International Competition & Trade Executive Degree Graduate Program
Courses: Marketing, International Marketing, Research Methods, E-commerce, Entrepreneurship, Innovation
Stanford University, CA, 2016
Visiting Researcher, Center for Design Research
University of California at Berkeley, CA, 2014-2015
Visiting Research Scholar, Political Science Department and Haas Business School
Istanbul Technical University, 2013-2015
Assistant Professor, Management Engineering Department
Courses: Marketing Management, New Product Design and Innovation, E-Marketing and Entrepreneurship
Bilgi University, Istanbul 2015-present
Adjunct Assistant Professor, Marka Okulu
Courses: Strategic Thinking and Innovation
BloombergHT, 2017 – present
Producer and host for the program "Entrepreneurship World" a.k.a “Girişimcilik Dünyası”
Bogazici University Entrepreneurship Center, 2015 - present
Bogazici University Innovation Center, 2015 - present
Program Coordinator, Innovation & Entrepreneurship Online Certificate Program
Program Coordinator, Innovation & Entrepreneurship for Development Online Certificate Program
Endeavor, 2015 - present
Academic Board Member
Startup Bootcamp at Starter’s Hub, 2015 - present
Bogazici University, Department of Management, 2010 - 2013
Teaching Assistant and Instructor in Marketing
Imovasyon Consulting, Bogazici University Kosgeb Technology Development Center, 2008 - 2010
Co-Founder and CEO
- Led pioneering activities for developing an innovative mobile application named cepkod.com by managing a team of five employees.
- Partnered with Microsoft Research in US and won the mobile tagging provider tender opened by Turkcell.
- Won incubation, R&D, angel network and marketing support from organizations such as Microsoft, Intel, Oracle, Inovent, Etohum, METU, Bogazici University and Kosgeb.
- Developed the marketing plan by determining target clients, approaching them, analyzing their needs and developing products accordingly with the team.
Kindo / MyHeritage, London based start-up, 2007 - 2009
Country Manager Turkey
- Coordinated the marketing, PR and media relations by using the cost-effective channels and created online publicity by identifying segments and communicating with them.
- Advanced Turkish community to the top 5 countries among 17 countries represented in terms of members acquired and effectiveness of community activities; thereby significantly contributed to Kindo’s acquisition by MyHeritage
PROCTER & GAMBLE, Istanbul, Turkey, 2004 - 2007
Head of Innovation, Interdepartmental and Entrepreneurial Role 2006 - 2007
- Established a team of ten people, one from each department, with the aim of increasing innovation in cultural and business terms, defined role descriptions and set the vision. Led the team’s activities and created the concept of Free Thinkers for the team.
- Marketed the innovation concept to general manager and department heads (achieved one of the highest participation rates for an internal project.)
- Led the innovation projects of marketing and sales departments. Helped repositioning of a new to market low-tier diapers brand in marketing team and managed the project for decreasing high turnover rates in the in-store merchandising teams.
- Coordinated internal marketing communication activities for innovation projects
- Designed and implemented creativity trainings and GetBack30 productivity event which aimed to help employees save 30 minutes everyday through the use of some tips and tricks. Marketed these activities to employees by innovative methods leading continuous involvement.
Business Services Manager, Information and Decision Solutions Department, 2004 - 2007
- Led change management projects and created $5M worth of value through cost savings and productivity improvements. The main projects included P&G and Gillette integration work covering the logistics, purchasing and import/export businesses.
- Coordinated multi-functional teams in Poland, Russia, and Romania on business transformation projects. Analyzed and estimated value creation items for marketing projects to the organization; actualized beyond the expectation targets by performing additional value creation.